Tips for the seller to do on the day the buyer has a home inspection preformed on their home.
On the day of the buyer's home inspection:
- Make sure all animals are secured –Remember we will need full access to the entire property
- Make sure all utilities are on.
- Leave keys available or unlock any locks on outside gates and that prevent full access to the exterior.
- Pull vehicles out of garage day of inspection - if possible
a gas-fired appliance, which utilizes a pilot light, such as a gas log
fireplace or older furnace, make sure the pilot light is on. If the gas
logs require a remote install fresh batteries –
if the gas logs require a
key to turn gas on – leave the key where it can be found – best to
leave a note for the inspector.
We will operate the heating and cooling system, gas fire places, dishwasher, range and other appliances that are included with the house
Be sure there is total and complete access to the following areas:
- Electrical Panel
- Water Heater
- Attic Space
- Crawl Space
- The entire house including garages